Teaching The Way through Literature and Play
Better Than Books Preschool is the dream of educator, Dr. Amber Lynwood, who decided to create a faith-based learning environment that adhered to her philosophy of education. She believes:
- Every child has a distinct purpose and immeasurable potential, and is uniquely talented.
- Children must be nurtured—spirit, soul, and body.
- Literature presents powerful opportunities for children to learn all core subjects. (Yes, even math and science!)
- Interactive, play-based experiences encourage optimal physical, social, emotional, language, and cognitive development.
- Learning in community with other children enriches and accelerates the learning process.
Children three-to-six years of age (in preschool, pre-K/TK, or kindergarten) are taught core subjects through the use of carefully-selected, developmentally-appropriate literature. Experienced teachers utilize teachable moments to help children discover new ideas, develop concepts, and practice skills through engaging in a variety of rich, creative learning opportunities.
Better Than Books Preschool is a place where children’s lived experiences are truly ideal and therefore Better Than Books!
Facility License #: 198020996
Ready to get started?
Fill out an application or contact us.